Thursday 5 April 2012

Finally.

Well both Peter and I spent the day cleaning up the front yard. I admit I can't help like I used to, but I just approach the tasks like I would eat an elephant--a bit at a time. The shrubs were very high maintenance in terms of the constant trimming, and I just couldn't keep up with it anymore. We are therefore going to plant out a hopefully low maintenance garden, or at least one where I don't have to stand on 10ft ladders wielding implements of destruction.

Soba couldn't be bothered moving from his sunny spot to check out the source of all those chainsaw,mulching and mowing sounds wafting from the front garden. Baxter, on the other hand, was out like a shot to do the inspection rounds. I don't think there was anything he didn't stick his nose into!
Well that went well, didn't it!
A good third of yard opened up.
On a sad note, the blackbirds will now have to find another home. Now all  we have to do is come up with a plan. How hard can it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment