Tuesday 17 April 2012

Friday the 13th. It Happens.

So there we were early on the morning of Friday the 13th, thinking that it was going to be an easy kind of day. Wrong! Peter and I went out for a few hours only to return to a very worried looking no.2 son. Well the fact that that the house was still there was a good sign, so what was so upsetting? It turned out that our phone line and more imporantly for no.2 son, the internet, went dead.

I must say that after 4 days of no phone or internet, Peter and No.2 son were becoming quite crabby. We do have mobiles but our house is full of "dead" zones, so they are not that reliable. It seems there was a loose connection at the exchange and we are now back on line. Mind you, one advantage was that no.1 son couldn't ring home---only joking.

A bucket full of soap

On a brighter note, I made my first batch of vegetable oil home- made soap. It took longer to trace than most peoples, but after 5 days it is fantastic. I didn't add any colouring or fragrance,and as this is my first ever attempt, I'll just keep practising.

No comments:

Post a Comment