Tuesday 1 May 2012

Soap and Chocolate

Today I decided to make another batch of soap. Again it seems that it is going to take ages to ''cure''. Oh well, its good that I have infinite patience- ok, most of the time. I was passing the back glass doors and spotted a beautiful black cat. Whats so interesting about that I hear you ask. Well, he was sitting on top of the vegie patch enclosure, which about 51/2 ft  above the ground, surveying  the chooks and the rest of the backyard as if he owned it. Being jet black, his green eyes stood out, he was georgeous. I get all sorts of visitors through my backyard, cats, lizards, falcons and once, two of the most beautiful large green parrots. The parrots hung around for a few weeks. Perhaps it was because of the seed bells I hung from the cubby house.

More Soap
Peppermint home made toothpaste.
After that bit of excitement,(you can tell I live a fast life), I decided to make some chocolates. Not so good for the hips but darn good for the soul. I decided that now would be a good time to try and make my own toothpaste. Having fragile skin,( a side effect of the drugs I take), I am finding that I need to be very careful with what I put on or near my skin. So when I came across a recipe for homemade toothpaste, I thought why not. There is a great recipe in the magazine Grass Roots No.210, April/May 2012. Peter uses straight bi-carb, but thats a bit to plain for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment