Sunday 17 June 2012

Surprises.

Even though Peter and I have been together for a very long time, every now and then he surprises me. When it comes to animals, he and I often don't see eye to eye. Very early on in our marriage we had a beautiful ridgeback named Shaka. I used to let Shaka come inside, especially when Peter had very late meetings, and Peter hated it because he thought dogs should be outside all the time. Well, one night he was mumbling away as usual and said it was either the dog or him. I opened the door. Needless to say, we are still together and as I write this Soba,(our current ridgeback),is happily snoring beside me and Baxter is infront of the heater, of course.

When it comes to cats, Peter's history is not so smooth either. We had a burmese named Kelby. Peter and Kelby had a love -hate relationship, well more of the hate really. One memorable occasion was when Kelby decided to check out what was behind the kitchen cabinets. He jumped up on the fridge, looked up and saw there was an opening and assumed it was a platform that he could jump on. So he jumped but there was no platform and he fell into the wall oven cavity. When I couldn't find him for a while I got worried but then heard these plaintive cries from inside the wall.

Well needless to say, once we realised where he actually was, Peter's temperature rose about 100degrees. When I gingerly asked how we are going to get him out, he said to leave him there. Anyway Peter took the oven out of the wall to reveal a very contrite cat. However, Kelby didn't forget Peter's comment and as soon as the situation presented itself, he sought revenge. Peter had left his favourite coat on the lounge seat. What did Kelby do- barfed on it  of course, and the love/hate relationship continued on as normal.


Ladybug-captured Peter's heart.

So imagine my surprise yesterday when I was looking for some moulds for my soap-making at a shopping centre, and I happened to look up and saw Peter walking past the end of the aisle clutching a pet cushion shaped like a Ladybug. After I picked my jaw off the ground I just had to catch up with him to find what had caused this. He said that Ladybug needed a cushion of her own and so when he spotted the ladybug cushion he just had to get it for her. I'm still recovering!

No comments:

Post a Comment