Saturday 14 July 2012

Books, Books, Glorious Books.

Is there anything better on a Saturday morning than a good old book fair? It is like the old lolly shops-once in, you just are overwhelmed by the choice. It is also the ultimate in recycling whilst raising money for good causes. Just mention a book fair and I am sure I come the closest to swooning that is humanly possible. Amongst the treasures I picked up was a book given to a woman on her departure to Australia in 1883, complete with inscription and a photographic book depicting life in 1850's and early 1900's in America (I looove old photographs).  After three trips to the car and back, Hubby and I virtually floated out of the town hall.

They say the days of the book are numbered, but the books were moving fast and furious out the door. I do have a Tablet, but no matter how hard I try nothing beats curling up on the couch or in bed and reading a good book. The electronic form just doesn't do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment