Saturday 4 August 2012

The New Beast

No.1 son's car was to say the least - interesting. It was one of those cars that was lowered so low that it was barely legal, and I absolutely hated driving and riding in it. Every damn rut or uneveness in the road was felt through the "bottomular" region. I could swear I walked with an unnatural swagger after sitting in that car. My teeth felt like they were being shaken out of my head. Thank god I didn't have dentures. So when he decided to start saving for another car a couple of years ago, I thought AT LAST!!

Well, he finally obtained the car of his 21yr old dreams- a VW Jetta with all that opens and shuts to send a young man into bouts of lovestruck chatter. In other words, I had to put up with 2 years of him saving- god it was painful, to my wallet! Now I have to listen to him through the honeymoon period of new car love.

Despite all my whinging, I am so proud of him. He worked so hard and saved with discipline to achieve his goal. He is a perfect example that its not how much money you have, it's what you do with it. He was prepared to wait. Congratulations No.1 son. I and my bottomular region thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment