Tuesday 23 April 2013

Dull Grey.

Today was a typical Autumn day, cold and grey with bursts of blue sky and sun every now and then. So it was just as well that today was the day the car went in for its regular service. I was informed that the said service would take about 2 or so hours. Lovely. I wandered across the way to the shopping complex dreading having to spend a couple of hours looking at stuff I didn't want or need.....Well a lovely umbrella with Flat Cats on it took my fancy. Well it was threatening rain!


I didn't last the full 2 hours. I think I would rather have pulled  my own teeth out than walk around for a second time. So I wandered back to the dealership and sat waiting for the service to be completed and to be presented with the bill. I used to suffer bill shock, the one where you look at the bill, look at the service manager and your mouth moves but only squeaks come out. But years of squeaking have taken their toll, so I just accept the bill and schlep over to the counter and hand over the money. Silent crying ensues.


Source.

7 comments:

  1. Yes, they sure can gauge you. Love the umbrella :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Brolly for when it's raining cats - and dogs !

    There is a quick loan ad on TV here where the woman gets her car repair bill & looks how you describe. Quick call to the loan company & she's smiling again !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy come easy go. Never mind - at least your car is ready for another year and you are ready for the rainy days ahead.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my experience, if I have anything serviced, it goes wrong a fortnight later. So I don't bother with servicing any more, I just wait for things to go wrong and then fix them. And before you ask, that doesn't happen very often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice blog , nice post
    MAYBE WE CAN FOLLOW EACH OTHER ON GFC , FB , BLOGLOVIN , let me know !!!

    Come and see my new post on :
    www.hypnocake.blogspot.com

    = BADER LAMONT FROM CASABLANCA =

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there. I visited your blog. Very nice. I shall follow you on blogspot. :)

    ReplyDelete